Independent Stampin Up! Demonstrator since 2007
Welcome to my little ole' stamping blog! I'm so glad that you stopped by! I have lots of creative things to share with you with the occasional life post thrown in! Come on in, relax and stay awhile! :)

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Aaaaargh!!! Did ye say cookies, matey?!


I participated in a recipe card and cookie exchange with some of my fellow SU! demo's recently! It was so much fun! (and yummy!) We were supposed to decorate a 6 X 6 recipe card and make a dozen cookies per demo to exchange. I made hidden treasure cookies and decorated my card with the Ahoy Matey stamp set from SU!. I used the coordinating wheel for the background and rubbed the edges of the base paper with cranberry crisp ink to give it a tattered and worn treasure map sort of look! I mounted the recipe on black and sponged with cranberry ink. I also roughed up the edges to make it look old! I stamped the chest and cut it open and added a brad to make it look hinged! I used some bling from the Michael's dollar spot to add treasure to the chest and added some sparkle to the water with Stickles. This was such a fun project! I am hoping to do something similar in the future!

In addition to the paper recipe I will include the cookie recipe here! My kids all really love these cookies!

Recipe:
Paper: SU! Close to Cocoa, Cool Carri bean, Real Red, Basic Black and Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Cranberry Crisp, Brilliant Blue and Basic Black
Stamps: Ahoy Matey! and coordinating Wheel
Extras: Stickles, Gold Brad, Bling from Michael's Dollar Spot and Silver gel pen

HIDDEN TREASURE CHEST COOKIES:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 14oz can condensed milk
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
1 package chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts

**Preheat oven to 375. In a small mixing bowl mix graham crumbs, flour and baking powder. Set aside. In a large bowl mix all other ingredients. Combine the two bowls. Drop by rounded teaspoons and bake 9-10 minutes one tray at a time. Enjoy! : )

7 comments:

Melissa M. M. M. said...

This is the sweetest thing ever! I love the treasure map and that recipe sounds so scrumptious: coconut, chocolate, nuts..oh my! tfs, :0) Mel

The Lucky Clucker said...

Oh you have such neat ideas!! Your cookies sound divine (and good too!)and by the way...consider yourself tagged....

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Totally cute! Love it!

kathleenh said...

The cookies sound yummy. I love the way you decorated your page! It goes so well with the name of the cookie.

Crissy said...

Great job! Makes me want to go on a treasure hunt!

Cathrine StClair said...

What a great swap card - Love it!

Learn to Stamp and Scrap with Lynn said...

Very cute recipe page. I keep debating about getting this stamp set and have not done it yet. I have the wheel and used it for my cruise photos. I should really get the stamp set. It is adorable!

I am a fellow SBS2 blogger and look forward to getting to know you better.