Independent Stampin Up! Demonstrator since 2007
Welcome to my little ole' stamping blog! I'm so glad that you stopped by! I have lots of creative things to share with you with the occasional life post thrown in! Come on in, relax and stay awhile! :)

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Little bit of inspiration!

Hello there!  Hope this Tuesday is being kind to you!  I wanted to stop by and share a little project that I worked on for a swap my demo group did recently.  It was an inspiration swap.  We were each supposed to choose an item that inspired us somehow and then make a project using that inspiration.  Here is the item that I chose:

It is a candle holder.  I love the colors and the aged look it has so I knew right away what my item of inspiration would be!

Here is the little project that I made:

This is a fun little thing!  The top and bottom are made from the Fancy Flower punch!!  The tube is made from a 3 1/2"  X 4 3/4" piece of paper. On the 4 3/4" side  I scored it at 7/8" and then moved down another 7/8" and kept moving down 7/8"  and scoring until I reached the end.  It leaves a small tab which you adhere to the first piece when you shape it into a roll.  I used sticky strip to stick everything together.

This is what the top looks like!  I made tiny little carnations from the new smallest scallop circle punch. I went with Pretty in Pink and Soft Suede paper and did a little sponging with Soft Suede to antique the treat holders like the candle holder.

I punched windows with the Modern Label punch. and added little heart sentiments to mimic the hearts on the candle holder.  No treat holder would be complete without a little treat so  I stuffed in as many little bits of chocolate goodness as I could fit!  I went with kisses and rolos since their papers look like metal and the candle holder is made from metal!

Flower adorned tops!  I made 12 of these cute little guys!


Here they are together!

This was not my original design.  It was something I have seen floating around on the big wide world of web.  I was unable to track down a tutorial though so I just sort of went for it!  

Details:
Stamps: Pennant Parade
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla
Ink: Primrose Petals and Soft Suede
Punches and Dies: Fancy Flower, Modern Label, Hearts a Flutter Framelits, Hearts Framelits, Fancy Fan EF, 2 Step Bird punch and 7/8" Scallop circle punch
Extras: Rhinestones, Mini Silver Brads and Sponges

What inspires you?! There truly is inspiration all around us!! I challenge you to find inspiration in something and make a beautiful project with it!

Have a wonderful day!!


5 comments:

April said...

Very cute project! Love the colors you chose and how it all comes back to your inspiration!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Ann Marie, for cripe sake. These are adorable! You are so creative.

Athina said...

Great job with the inspiration Ann Marie! I love the flower, you did a fantastic job!

Dorlene Durham said...

Very cute Ann Marie. I love these!

Margaret said...

Oh, this is fabulous! You make the most wonderful treat holders and I love the inspiration you pulled from the beautiful candle holder!