Independent Stampin Up! Demonstrator since 2007
Welcome to my little ole' stamping blog! I'm so glad that you stopped by! I have lots of creative things to share with you with the occasional life post thrown in! Come on in, relax and stay awhile! :)

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Christmas in July mini album loooove!

Hi there!  Well it's awfully toasty outside today, but guess what...I still have Christmas on the brain!  I know, I know!  It's only July and since I happen to be one of the world's least organized people it's not like I am preparing or anything.  I am just loving the thought that it is on the way!  So, on that note (and also because I had a ton of requests for more information!) I made another mini album, but this time...you guessed it!  It is Christmas (in July!) themed! I am adding a little more meat and potatoes today. Anyone interested in a tutorial?  Might want to grab a cup of your beverage and let's get this show on the road:



My little album is 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" and it has 5 inside pages.

Let's start with the binding!  I cut a piece of card stock at 4 1/2" (height) x 6".  This measurement allows me to have 5 pages inside.  If you want more pages add an inch per page and for fewer make it an inch shorter. Example: 6 pages would need to be 4 1/2" x 7" and 4 pages would be 4 1/2" x 5" etc
Once you've decided on how many pages score your paper at every 1/2".

Next flip it over and add tear and stick tape to your card stock like this.  You want to leave the end two strips tape free.

Peel off your tabs and fold it together like this pinching it good to get all your pieces adhered well. I recommend using a bone folder to crease everything for a neater looking album. 

It should look like this now!

Holding it all together you'll want to measure the width from side to side.  Mine worked out  to be 
4 1/2" x 1 1/2".  You will be centering your spine piece on this piece of paper to re-enforce it and will want to have 1/2" on either side of your score lines as pictured above.

Once you've scored add tear and stick tape to both sides and the center.

Peel your tabs off and lay the spine on top centering in between your score lines. Now fold in each piece on the sides sandwiching your ends in and use your bone folder to crease the edges. 

Now fold the two end pieces up so the whole thing is folded accordion style like pictured above. This will be the spine for your album.

To make the covers I cut pieces from a cereal box.  I cut mine 4 1/2" x 4 1/2", but you can vary those depending on the size of album you have chosen to make.

To cover my covers I cut a piece of card stock 5 1/2" x 5 1/2".  You want this to be bigger than your cover piece by an inch. Score all 4 sides at 1/2".
 
Next cut a diagonal corner off. Make sure you cut past your cover corner just by a smidge. 

Repeat on all 4 sides.


Add tear and stick tape to your cover edges.

Fold all four sides over and press down well.

I cut a piece of card stock 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" to mat onto the inside cover. Center it and glue into place.

Time to attach the front cover.  I used tear and stick tape on the OUTSIDE edge of the binding and stuck that little guy right on.


Then I started adding pages!  I cut them 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" and used the tear and stick tape and stuck them to the top of each flap.  I added all 5 this way.

I went back and added a Very Vanilla mat on to the front and back of each page. This helps to hide the binding on the back side a bit.  

Next I added the back cover to the OUTSIDE edge of the last flap and it looks likes this.

Time to dress up the edge!  I cut a piece of card stock 4 1/2" tall x 2 1/4" wide.  I would recommend though that you measure your back and cut a piece that fits.  I scored mine at 3/4" from either side leaving me a center piece of 3/4".  The purpose of this to hide the binding system so the width may be larger or smaller based on your personal preference anyhow. :) 

I added tape to the sides, peeled and stuck down the sides only,  leaving moving room for the spine piece. I also embossed it for a little bit of extra added visual interest.

There you have it!  Now it is ready to be decorated and filled with lots of pictures and memories!

My finished cover!

View from the top.

Such a fun, fun project!

Here are all of the goodies I used to create this little guy!  I will have it displayed at my class next week if you are local and would like to attend!


I hope that you have a wonderful day!  I will be back soonest with more to share!














1 comment:

Dorlene Durham said...

Great tutorial. I just may need to make some of these!